With this service, you will discover the rich and original history of this wonderful city. Due to its geographical location, Peschiera has been the cornerstone of history.
Founded as a metallurgical centre in the bronze age, it then became a fortress for the Romans, Venetians, the French and the Habsburg empire.
Few Italian cities have examples of fortified structures from as many different eras as Peschiera.
Here, on the remains of the ancient Roman Fortress, Scalìgero Castle was built in the 13th century.
Later, in the 16th century, during the Republic of Venice, the fortress was built, with a pentagonal plan, still visible today.
Napoleon Bonaparte, and later the Habsburg domination, completed today's fortress, today the only example of a fortified city, completely surrounded by water.
- 1. Porta Brescia
- 2. Provveditore's Palace and San Marco's Square.
- 3. Officers Pavillion.
- 4. Ponte dei Voltoni
- 5. Piazza Ferdinando di Savoia
- 6. Former artillery barracks in the austrian complex of the beyond Mincio.
- 7. Bastione San Marco
- 8. South view of the fortress.
- 9. Porta Verona.
- 10. Catullo Park.
- 11. Parade Grounds Command Building
- 12. The ancient port of Peschiera.
- 13. Bastione Querini
- 14. Shipyard.
- 15. Bastione Tognon.
- 16. Bastione Feltrin
- Army's Military Hospital
- PUNTO BELVEDERE: PONTE DEI VOLTONI